You are reading this document because you want to volunteer with /The Rules. Thank you and welcome to the community of radical thinkers and doers. The first question you have is ‘how do I volunteer?’ or ‘what can I do?’ This document is an attempt to answer that question.
Once you are done with it, you will (hopefully) have an idea about how to get started. However, this is not a binding, set-in-stone kind of a list. It’s an evolving list of things we can do to bring radical thought to the mainstream.
If you have a fantastic, earth-shattering kind of an idea, and you can make it work then go ahead with it. As long as it sticks to the issues, is non-violent and doesn’t involve a defamation suit it’s fine. You can always run it past us if you are not sure.
Who knows your idea might just be a part of this list for future volunteers. So let’s get started. Hope you have a blast.
/The Rules team
Objectives and Tasks
Objective: Bringing radical thought to the mainstream.
1. Stay up-to-date with radical thought.
- Join The Rules community: therulesblog.wpengine.com
- Like The Rules on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/therules.org
- Follow The Rules on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRulesOrg
2. Create – Share – Organise
- Create content that promotes radical thought.
- Memes to circulate on the internet.
- Infographics that present hard facts in an appealing manner.
- Technology (code, analyse data, UX design, develop apps).
- Share content to spread radical thought.
- Blogs/ articles.
- Organise to add strength to radical thought.
- Meet ups.
- Join a local protest or organize one.
- Start a campaign on a local issue. .
- Film screenings.
- Book club.
- Local volunteer hub.
3. Other tasks
- Comment on favourable content to show support.
- Comment on unfavourable content to show dissent.
- Join discussions on relevant issues on /The Rules website.
- Participate in discussion with other community members on social media.
- Help translate blogs, reports or any other content in different languages.
- Participate in days of action, twitterstorms and other activities.
- We’d love to hear from you if you have special online communications skills.
- Active members on networks like Tumblr, Reddit, Imgur, can spread the word there. Or share what’s being discussed in these forums.
- Pitch stories to mainstream publications, TV or radio shows.
- Fundraise for specific projects
- Watch-out for breaking trends online.
Articles and research material: http://therulesblog.org/